Monday 30 November 2009

Mark & Rachael's Palace...

So in July, my friends moved in together. They're my age, and have been together for 4 years, I've known them both prior to and throughout their relationship, as our friendship developed from sixth form. They're two very different people, and they differ in opinions immensely. However it somehow manages to work. For a while, they've been asking me to help design and decorate their new rented place, which in size is vast, but is very much to a required taste.

To put it simply, the house hasn't much appeal in it's current state; The smell of cheese & onion pasties from the bakery downstairs, is constantly present, matched with the distasteful carpets, woodchip walls and a vast array of one-off pieces of furniture, the place does not seem to collaborate together very well.

I decided that now was the time in which I could help them, as mby doing so, I could gather a few different varieties in collections. And this could therefore be a very good learning expereice, as it would involve myself researching, then discussing and giving examples to customer, finding out their requirements, and using this information to further develop examples and discuss intial designs with them, before making needed alterations and then progressing with the project. I feel that this would be good practice, and could easily be one of the few projects which i will hopefully carry-out during this project.

The first example of this happened today. For the last few weeks, I have been collecting interior images, on a large scale, along with going through my own varied collection in interior and art magazines, I prepared a vast array of images, in which to show them, by seeing what likes they have indivually and shared, to get a feel for how broad of a variation would be acceptable to them.

I've been through this with Rachael, and with Mark vaguely, and this worked for them, I have a general idea of thier likes and dislikes, and I compiled a folder of these designs, which I shall now create a "mood board" from, and develop more ideas from, based on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment