Monday 21 December 2009

Stockton Riverside...

So yesterday I got up early, and went into town, I had the intention of buying all of the Christmas presents that I needed for people in one day, and so I was up and out by 8.30, making my way into town, I went into my town, nothing much there, and so decided to go into Stockton, where i knew there would be enough choice, but it wouldn't be as busy as Middlesbrough, so I walked down, and around and round for hours, and I spent the day literally going through town and walking to different industrial estates and what-not, and just when I was finished, I started walking back, and I saw a road which I had never seen before, and decided to walk down it.

It was on a side of the river which I didn't have too much knowledge of, but I thought I'll give it a go, as I could see Stockton's brand new infinity bridge looming over the industrial units. So as I'm walking down this snowy road, i decide to walk up a path which was on a hill, dredging through the 6 inches of snow, I made it too the top, and very quickly it became apparent that it was sunset, well whilst on the top of this hill, I could see a tree lines path, leading the to bridge, and the most amazing sunset through the curves of the bridge, i felt around for my phone to capture the sight but stupidly I'd forgotten it.

I sat down and enjoyed the sight for the short period that it lasted.

It sounds really really silly, even to me, but just seeing that made me really happy, and made me think about how beautiful the world is, how beautiful stockton is, even though most who live here wouldn't agree. It has made me think about this, and I would really like to create a collection, maybe of photographs, maybe of something else to do with Stockton, however I just want people to notice the things that they take for granted, can be very beautiful to others...

No comments:

Post a Comment