Friday 18 December 2009

The Globe...

The Globe, the building that I am currently researching and have been trying to get permission to enter. It lies on my high street on Stockton-On-Tees, and is a beautiful Art Deco building which has been left in a state of disrepair, since the closure of it as a bingo hall, happened in 2000.

I've searched high and low for the owners, and even stockton council where unsure about the tenture.

However yesterday, I asked my mum for help, with finding out this, as it would be easier to do this, living in the town, not far from the location, she agreed, and said that she would speak to some people she knew in the council.

Well that was yesterday, and 20 minutes ago she phonecalled me, spooked out, as she arrived home from a trip, to find the local newspaper on the doormat, with a picture of the buidling on the front; telling all that the Grade II listed building, is due a new lease of life, going back to it's original purpose, of being a live music venue. The planning permission is in, and awaiting response from Stockton Borough Council, which i'm sure will not refuse, as the building has been waiting for this, for quite a while.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/local-teesside-news/stockton-billingham-news/2009/12/17/plans-to-restore-stockton-globe-theatre-to-former-glory-84229-25413562/

I'm going to have to move fast, and get in touch with the vendors, Jomaft, before they start; and hopefully the company will understand my request, and I can maybe be of some use, promoting the buidling in some way...

No comments:

Post a Comment